Corporation Tax helpline 0843 455 0045
About Corporation Tax and Where Can You Get Help?
Corporation Tax. It’s complicated. There are many requirements specified by legislation, regulations and rulings. You can get help in two ways. Hiring an accountant or tax adviser, or by calling the HMRC Tax helpline in the UK on 0843 455 0045. If you are outside the UK the Tax helpline number is +44 843 455 0045.
But first, let’s understand a little more about Corporation Tax. In a nutshell, it is a tax on the profits of a business. The government uses the taxes collected to fund the provision of services by the state.
For the purposes of the tax business is:
- a limited company.
- any foreign company with branches or offices in the UK.
- a club, co-operative or other unincorporated association like a sports club.
A taxable profit is any money a business makes after expenses. It can be from:
- trading profits.
- chargeable gain from selling or disposing of any assets.
For UK based companies all profits are liable for the tax, both local and overseas. But foreign companies only pay the tax on the profits earned in the UK.
Tax Phone Number 0843 455 0045.
It’s the responsibility of a business to meet its tax obligations. To do this requires the business:
- registers with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
- maintains accounting records.
- prepares a Company Tax Return.
- pays the Corporation Tax or reports that none is payable.
- submits its Company Tax Return on time.
Payment and filing of the Company Tax Return and supporting documents are all online here.
Missing a deadline is expensive. If a business misses a payment on the due date, interest is payable from the day after. And charged on a daily basis read more.
The deadline for the tax depends on the taxable profit payable as follows:
- Up to £1.5 million. Due 9 months and 1 day. After the end of the accounting period.
- More than £1.5 million. Payable by instalments. Based on the length of the accounting period.
The Corporation Tax rate for company profits changes over time. The rate(s) used are those applicable to a company’s accounting period. From 1 April 2015, the rate is 20%. But rates and their basis were different before this date. And can be different for ‘ring fence profits” for UK oil-related profits. Deductions or tax credits are also available.
So it’s complicated. Ringing the HMRC Tax Contact Number can help sort it out. Just remember to have your 10-digit Unique Tax Reference handy when you call.
The Corporation Tax Contact Details.
|Helpline||0843 455 0045|
|HMRC Office||Corporation Tax Services,|
HM Revenue and Customs,
|Office Hours:||08.00 to 18.00 – Mon to Fri|
Other HMRC Number.
|VAT Office||0843 455 0092|
|PAYE||0843 455 0092|
|Nation Insurance Helpline||0843 455 0119|